Ahead of the launch of the government’s first National Data Strategy, this interactive keynote session will explore the DCMS consultation process and the role of the voluntary sector within the new strategy
- Sharing regulator insights on common complaints on data handling and assessing how all organisations can ensure successful data compliance when fundraising
- Assessing the latest developments to the Fundraising Preference Service and new requirements on charities in actioning suppression requests
- Analysing what effective data collection, management and protection looks like when attracting supporters and donors
Join in the discussion with a panel of data leaders from across the voluntary sector as they share key insights in supporting data transformation
- Assess the challenges facing charities in expanding reach, supporting sustained engagement and attracting supporters through data
- Explore how charities can harness data intelligence to deliver high quality targeting, personalisation and bespoke campaigning which maximises results
- Evaluate the future of customer relationship management (CRM) in enhancing the user experience and attracting support
- Gain practical insights on how leading national charities are advancing their data capabilities and how this transformation can be replicated across the sector
- Explore the key data challenges facing charities post-GDPR and how organisations can respond with robust compliance practices
- Assess how your organisation can manage risks to data protection and prevent data breaches
- Evaluate practical solutions for delivering high-quality data protection awareness and training for staff and volunteers
- Analyse how data processes and procedures can be reviewed and enhanced to support transparent and complaint data usage
- Exploring how data can support operational improvements, evaluate service provision and allow organisations to better understand their beneficiaries and supporters
- Assessing the role of effective data collection and how charities can work to close gaps in the understanding of their organisation to improve decision making
- Recognising the tension between data being a liability, as well as an asset, and how charities can use their data responsibly to advance their mission
- Has your organisation transformed its data strategy?
- Do you have new ideas on how to harness data analytics in a voluntary organisation?
- Does your charity have lessons to share on improving engagement through data?
This interactive discussion is your chance to join in a collaborative discussion with peers from across the sector to pitch new ideas, explore your organisational challenges or sound out a new approach to enhancing data capabilities.
Led by Zoe Amar, Chair, The Charity Digital Code of Practice (CONFIRMED), come armed with your fresh ideas ready for group discussion.
- What good voluntary sector self evaluation looks like
- What you need in place to undertake self-evaluation and produce high-quality data
- An overview of how to develop self-evaluation systems
- Using evaluation findings to maximise impact
- Assess how evidence-led approaches can be developed to design programmes and support strategic decision making
- Explore how your organisation can use impact data to plan, deliver and assess the success of programmes and the next steps for operational improvements
- Analyse practical guidance on measuring impact to meet the needs of your organisation
- Examine the role of effective communication of data insights to inform decision makers and increase the confidence of supporters
- An overview of open data sources charities can use to better understand social issues in their local area, to target services and to demonstrate local need to funders
- An example of how to harness open data to better understand social exclusion in London
- Exploring tools, resources and pro bono support for civil society organisations
- Briefing for impactful insight: fundraisers and analysts working together to focus the objectives, outcomes and key questions
- Agile approach: collaborative and iterative delivery that maintains the communication between analysts and fundraisers. Combining evidence with front-line experience
- Telling the story visually: finding the best ways to present the insights so that fundraisers grab hold of them for future planning and decision-making
- What happens after insight delivery? How continuing the conversation ensures that insights continue to feed into future action for maximum impact
*Programme subject to change